Cristiano Ronaldo has dismissed talks of returning to European football again if he decides to leave Saudi Arabia.

The forward joined Al Nassr earlier this year following his decision to leave Manchester United after a lack of playing time at Old Trafford.

The Portugal international put pen to paper on a deal that will keep him in the Saudi Pro League until 2025.

His presence in the league has also seen the likes of Karim Benzema, N’Golo Kante, Roberto Firmino and other high-profile players all switching to Saudi.

Despite optimism that the 38-year-old could return to play in Europe before ending his career, Ronaldo says he has no plans of making a return.

“I’m 100 per cent sure I won’t return to any European club,” Ronaldo said. “I’m 38 years old. And European football has lost a lot of quality. The only valid one and still doing good is the Premier League. They’re way ahead of all the other leagues.

“I opened the way to the Saudi league, and now all the players are coming here.”

In his first season in the Saudi Pro League, Ronaldo scored 14 goals in 16 matches while also providing two assists as his team finished second on the league table.

Sign Up Bonus

200 GHS

Get a bonus when you sign up to Betway.

Welcome Bonus

550 GHS

Double your initial deposit up to 550 GHS.

Welcome Bonus

300 GHS

Get a welcome bonus of 300 GHS for a deposit of 100 GHS.

Today, April 23rd
Wednesday, April 24th
Thursday, April 25th
Saturday, April 27th
Sunday, April 28th
Thursday, May 2nd

Best Betting Sites in Ghana

View all
View all