Ferran Torres has dismissed reports of a possible transfer away from Barcelona this summer.
The Spain international has failed to impress since sealing a move to the Nou Camp with fans already becoming frustrated with the player.
Torres has been touted as one of the players Xavi could sanction his sale this summer with the team also looking to add players to their squad for the 2023/24 season.
However, the forward has made it clear he has no intentions of leaving the club this summer.
“The names (on the exit ramp) are given by journalists. I have a contract here, I’m going to stay. I don’t care what anyone says about me,” he said.
“I’m going to work as hard as anyone else. I’m the first to be self-critical, it wasn’t a good season last year but I learned a lot. These ups and downs have helped me to be stronger now.”
The former Manchester City forward also spoke about the club’s 5-3 loss to Arsenal in their pre-season friendly.
“We wanted the win, but Arsenal were very well drilled. We lacked rhythm, we were imprecise and the pitch didn’t help,” he continued.
“Now we have to think about (Real) Madrid (on Saturday), train hard and get into a good rhythm. It’s very important for a striker to start scoring, to get off to a good start. I’m going to fight for a place in the team, and then it is up to the coach to decide.”